State Senator Dale Fowler and the Illinois Department of Transportation Director Omar Osmond are proud to announce more than $2 million in capital improvement projects to southern Illinois airports.
“Improving our infrastructure is a major key to encouraging growth in our region,” said Senator Fowler. “This funding will pave the way for the future to help fulfill the demand for air travel opportunities in southern Illinois.”
Secretary Osmond released the FY 2021 Rebuild Illinois Airport Capital Improvement Program projects this week. The total amount for the entire state is $105 million, including $94 million in state funds and $11.5 million in local funding.
Projects included in or near the 59th District are:
- Cario Regional Airport
- Acquire Airport Snow Removal Equipment/Mowing Tractor – $80,000
- Replace Airport Lighting – $263,370
- Southern Illinois Airport
- Relocate Fox Farm Road – $280,000
- Expand Southeast Aircraft Parking Apron – $835,000
- Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois
- Rehabilitate East Airport Access Road and Sidewalk – $369,093
- Extend Fixed Base Operator Access Road – $805,852
You can find a full list of projects included in the FY 2021 Airport Capital Improvement Plan by clicking here.